We are moving to JIRA! We are replacing 4 IT service and project management solutions with JIRA Service Desk and other JIRA products.
What is JIRA?
JIRA is a suite of solutions that will be our new and improved Support solution. We will implement:
- JIRA Service Desk: an incident management solution that integrates with Confluence (and other Atlassian products) for a knowledge base. Service Desk also includes access to Jira Core, a workflow management system for project, task and process management.
- Confluence: a wiki tool to help teams collaborate and share knowledge efficiently. Use cases include shared documentation, knowledge base, an intranet, and a shared space for project teams.
- JIRA Software: an agile project management tool for software development.
- We will replace Tech Excel, the IT ticket system used at support.appstate.edu, with JIRA Service Desk, a more intuitive system that is easier to manage and will better match the needs of campus.
- We will move our IT Support FAQ and IT Service Catalog to Confluence to make information more readily available to campus.
- With our stakeholders, we will manage IT projects in JIRA and Confluence and provide project reports to stakeholders and campus leadership.
- Install and configure JIRA Service Desk and JIRA products and needed Add-Ons
- Migrate data from existing solutions and websites to JIRA
- Build a unified IT Service Desk with an integrated knowledge base and Service Catalog in Confluence
- Provide JIRA training to IT, stakeholders, and campus
- Provide IT service and project reports that will allow for more informed decision making
- Implement JIRA tool governance to ensure that JIRA meets campus needs
|Set up JIRA Test Instance||8/2018|
|Determine Initial Add-Ons Needed||10/2018|
|Go-Live with Jira Service Desk||TBD|
|David Earp||Project Lead|
|Daniel West||Technical Lead|
|Dustin Gragg||Jira Service Desk Lead|
|Jason Grubb||Jira Software Lead|
|Chris Mock||Confluence Lead|
|Julie Taubman||Project Needs and Goverance|
Feedback welcome: JIRA Project Ideas and Feedback
Atlassian, the creator of JIRA and Confluence, provides free online training. Introductory videos on these products are below.