Following the ratification of the IT Acquisition Standard , ITS published a website providing campus with the steps to acquire common or standard IT products/services and began developing an IT Acquisition Application for non-standard IT purchases. Both the IT Standard Purchases website and the IT Acquisition Application are designed to:
● streamline IT acquisitions
● ensure acquisitions are compatible with infrastructure and available resources
● obtain cost effective solutions
● ensure solutions meet accessibility standards
● reduce the risk of security threats and vulnerabilities
For standard IT purchases, users may refer to our Standard IT Purchases website . For all non-standard IT purchases, users need to submit an IT Acquisitions Application, under IT Acquisitions & Projects, using our new support request system .
Once an IT Acquisitions Application is submitted, someone from ITS will follow up with the requestor to provide assistance during IT review and serve as a point of contact throughout the process. To help the acquisition process flow as efficiently as possible, we request applications be submitted early allowing sufficient lead time considering ITS cannot alter fiscal year deadlines.