Technical Advisory Groups may be self-organized, ITS directed, or University assigned technology groups created to assist the University with incorporating Information Resources across campus, or meeting legal or regulatory requirements. The Chief Information Officer, or delegate, may provide information on IT Projects and initiatives to Technical Advisory Groups to coordinate IT Governance to fulfill the University’s mission. Technical Advisory Groups are responsible for requesting IT Projects to meet institutional needs.
We have Technical Advisory Groups in each of the IT Service Areas:
- Administrative & Business
- Communication & Collaboration
- Desktop & Mobile Computing
- Information Security
- IT Professional Services
- Teaching & Learning
Existing University committees, councils and working groups may be designated as a Technical Advisory Group by the IT Governance Board of Directors.
To request recognition as a TAG, please send the following to our Project Management & Governance unit at email@example.com:
- the name of the group
- responsibilities and authority of the group including technology focus area
- the IT Board of Directors member that the group reports its actions or recommendations
- primary contact(s) for the group