Academic Technologies works collaboratively with the campus community to support and deliver enterprise-level learning technologies. In addition, our team works to develop and enhance the learning technology experience for students, staff and faculty members and leads educational technology innovation.
Some of the learning technologies we support include:
- Learning Management Systems (AsULearn, AsULearn-Projects, AsULearn-Global)
- Classroom Technologies
- Media Hosting (Kaltura)
- Video Conferencing (Zoom)
- Collaborative Network Services
- LinkedIn Learning
Enterprise Applications (EA) provide faculty, staff and students with applications that assist them in their day-to-day activities on campus. The primary goal is to provide the support required to operate the Ellucian Banner Application System for Appalachian State University. EA offers broad assistance for application operations and is responsible for determining standards and best practices, as well as application security.
- Financial Reporting
- Human Resources and Payroll
- Database Management
- Application Administration
- Financial Aid
- Student Business Applications
IT Support Services
Our Technology Support staff is available to assist with the technology needs of faculty, staff and students at Appa State. Requests submitted online are routed to the appropriate IT staff who will provide support.
- Submit an online support request
- Email email@example.com
- Call 828-262-6266
The Office of Information Security (ITS-OIS) is the University's information security unit. ITS-OIS works to advance the management of risks related to University information resources and fosters resilient and safe computing environments for the University community.
Infrastructure and Systems
Infrastructure and Systems includes:
- Shared Resources
- Environmental and Operational Management
- Server Virtualization Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Storage and Backup Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Enterprise Systems and Application Integration
- Windows and Desktop Service
- File and Print Services
- Network Infrastructure and Control System
- App State's wireless networking canopy
- the Centrex Office which is responsible for the university switchboard, the online ASU Departmental Directory and resolving telephone troubles.
Project Management Office (PMO)
The PMO works with project teams, sponsors and stakeholders to improve the delivery of IT services through IT Projects. The PMO provides a management structure to standardize project management processes and helps facilitate large technology IT projects to advance Appalachian’s strategic objectives. We serve as project managers on key IT projects, and provide Project Management support to keep projects on track and sponsors, teams and stakeholders engaged to realize project benefits.