- New functionality for students to view grades, request an enrollment verification/transcript & view unoffical transcript.
- New functionality for students to submit registration overload requests.
Deploy Self-Service (Banner 9) modules to campus
Appalachian deployed Self-Service for administrative services and is now implementing Self-Service to give our faculty, staff and students a modern mobile-friendly interface with updated functionality.
Some benefits of our Self-Service upgrade include:
All users will benefit from mobile-friendly design, improved interface and more web browser options
Faculty & Advisor Improvements:
- Advising Student Profile consolidates a student’s profile, education and career path to a single page that is accessible to advisors and students
- Class Roster and View Grades functionality allow faculty to review their students’ academic profiles and schedules, communicate with students over email, print class rosters and more
- View Grades lets faculty members and advisors view a student’s academic progress
- New intuitive registration and course schedule planning tools with a mobile-friendly design
- Action item messages to remind students of important tasks that need their attention prior to registration or the start of an academic semester
- Web Time Entry interface now gives a nice summary of leave balances
- New “My Team” feature shows people that report to you
- New “profile” page shows all contact information you have on file in one place
- Better interface for creating journal entries
- Better interface for conducting budget queries
What is Self-Service?
- Banner is our system of record for students, academic programs, financial information, HR and payroll. Banner encompasses Self-Service modules for employees and students, as well as administrative applications. Self-Service can be accessed on AppalNet, appalnet.appstate.edu.
Why are we moving to Banner 9?
- This is a campus-wide initiative that supports the university’s strategic goals to build a responsive infrastructure for a sustainable campus.
- This is also a universal system-wide change as any institution using the Banner platform is upgrading as support and maintenance of Banner 8 Self-Service will no longer be available.
- It has a more modern interface, new tools and improved capabilities.
- Upgrades will also support more web browsers and mobile technology platforms to allow full browser support and an improved mobile experience.
What is the timeframe for implementation?
- 2019 - Ellucian announced changes are coming and the project was created.
- 2020–2022 - COVID and other projects shifts priorities
- 2023 - Amid other projects shifting priorities, try to regain momentum by deploying Employee and Finance modules as well as a few Student and Faculty pages.
- 2024 - Focus on core deployments as Ellucian will end support and provision of security patches as well as Federal Regulatory updates for SSB8.
How can I access Self-Service?
- Go to appalnet.appstate.edu and select “Log into Self-Service.”
- For full directions and further information on time and leave entry, visit our self-help Knowledge Base.
Who do I contact for more information?
- If you have questions or need assistance with Self-Service please contact the IT Support Services Help Desk at 828-262-6266.
- If needed, you may also contact the appropriate Banner Module Administrator.
- If you have questions about the Self-Service update (Banner 9) project contact our IT Project Management Office at email@example.com.
- Check out our online training for Payroll.